Friday, July 23, 2004

And so we say good-bye to beautiful Asia

Here I sit, on the last leg of my Asian adventure.  The meetings today were fine, albeit not particularly needed.  But, they felt better that I showed my mug here so that is good.

It has been a first class food adventure.  A really good business trip.  And - almost wholey- a boondoogel.  But, if they are going to pay me to go play the good corporate camper more power to them.

Apparently we are the first people to have been to Indonesia from our group in years.  I am the highest they have had from our team ever (imagine that).  I kind of freaked out the workers when we changed for dinner and the mall.  I went from business suit to jeans and my new very hip multicolor blue party shirt.  It is just a step toned down from lepord skin.  I looked great and the guys from Indonesia lossened up.

I am not saying much about the Philippenes.  Not much to say really. They are very European business in that they don't have a lot of money and are not looking to expand.

Okay - I am boring even me.  I fly home soon (and Eddie you were right about the time - I will be home late).