Friday, July 16, 2004

Fry Martha Fry

Now, I don't really care about Martha Stewart. I think she has -how do you say in American - "bolted the pooch?". But I don't hate her or anything.

But I heard her comments to the media this morning. Not the canned version, but our radios cut over live as both Ed and I happened to be driving to work. To get the live feed was amazing. She was nearly suffocated. The media has forced her company to fire 200 people. Real living people that did no harm to anyone (hello - Martha? I believe the media didn't get insider info and lie about it). She ended with thanx for the 170,000 emails from people who told her what she meant to them. She wanted to thank those people. She wanted to tell those people she loves them back. She asked them to subscribe to her magazeine. Swear!

There is a white washed version on CNN.

May I also say that if you have time read this. It is searing. http://www.tnr.com/doc.mhtml?pt=TqpbUhQ%2FgtL9SmIvpLHkfw%3D%3D