Monday, July 19, 2004

Notes from the Far East

1. I don't know if you saw it, but my Eddie said Spiderman 2 was good, but too long.  This is my Eddies' comments for most movies lately.  I tend to agree with him.  Most movies can be done in 90 minutes or so.  Just because the Lord of the Rings movies flew by at 3 hours, doesn't mean everything will.
 
2. I saw 50 First Dates again on the plane here.  It is sweet, but I forgot that after 13 hours in the air, I am an emotional mess - so I was crying through the whole thing.  Wuss.
 
3. Funny enough, the Chinese food in Hong Kong is kick ass good.  Woa!  Dinner last night was very China Grill, neuvo hip - but excellent.  And today.  Dimsum for 11 that made you weep.  Tonight we are going across the bay to dinner and the view.
 
4.  The meetings - going well.  I move on tomorrow to Indonesia.  Most of the folks are staying here for a week to complete the requirements junk.
 
5. I was told that there are real opportunities to grow your career in China - but in Shanghai.  Hong Kong is already a little "last wave", but is handling it well.  There is a huge established expat community here.
 
Okay - that's all for now.  I love you honey.
ps- if someone wants to drop a line I am at my scooterm@email.com account.