Monday, July 12, 2004

Recap of the Week-End and What Friends are up to

Recap begins...

1) Sad news first (maybe it should be last - I don't know). Lynn's mom passed away on Friday and she is back home for the services. I didn't post this for a while because it isn't the way people should find out. We did talk to most people close to Lynn, so hopefully this isn't the first time you heard.

2) We had Zela (my grand-mother) come stay in the city on Saturday and Saturday night. We drug her through the Glendale Galleria on Saturday - where she bought PJs, slippers and pants ("oh you shouldn't spend that much on me. I won't be here long enough to use these that often (and you thought my $1 a wear rule was harsh). She looked through so many of her old pictures her eyes finally gave out at 11PM. We feed her roast beef for dinner and she had a great time.

3) We finally got to use our new deck (see picture below).

4) We went to the Orange County Fair. Hard to describe. We drank (Ed- beers, me- Margaritas), and then wandered about - making purchases along the way. We got new dog tags and collars for the boys. We got new license plate frame for us (that say Wisconsin on the top and UCLA on the bottom for me - reverse for Ed - don't you want to puke) and Ed bought a bonzai tree. We watch the rides, but thought better than to go on them.

5) Gavin, Steve, Ron, Mickey and friends go to P-Town this week-end for a week. They love the place (see Ron's note via the Like At It's Peake link).

6) The Hunt girls and their grandmother are heading for a week in the Lake District. It is a beautiful place, but it's so Laura Ashley that P-Town looks like Fresno comparatively. In the pool, I have that Lisa makes it 5 1/2 hours before screaming at Nana.

7) That is mainly it for now.