Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Spoke too soon

Okay, I spoke too soon on the food front.  Last night's dinner was "shanghai style".  I have no great desire to eat it again.
 
It started with "drunken pigeon".  Of course he was drunk, he was plucked, slightly boiled, cut up and served to us.  He stared at me through-out the appitiser course.  It creeped me out.  I switched from beer to Manhattens because of the little bald bird head.  yuck.  I won't even go into the fish.
 
I have to go, they have called my flight to Jakarta.  I will say that last night we went to Flix at the Pennisula, which was very cool and hoity toity - but way too Anglo-pick-up scene.  Both straight and gay (really) but all ex-pats KIDS (like  early 20s).  And I got yelled at for taking a picture.
 
More later, kisses to all (espically you Eddie)