Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Stuck in Aeroporta Jakarta with a Dial Up

So, we got in the Jakarta airport way too early (our flight leaves at 7:25 - we go there at 5:25 and through immigration and check in in 10 minutes).  So I am using the business center computer.  It was going really slow - but I think I fixed it.  I found where you slip the hamster a little food through the slot and it has picked up pace a bit.

I have the travel day from hell today.  I am going from Jakarta to Manila today.  This should be easy.  It is about a 3 hour flight from Jakarta to Manila.

Of course I am on Cathy Pacfic and, therefore must go through Hong Kong.  Well that it 1 hour (ish) in the Hong Kong airport and 1 and 1/2 hour flight.  Puls the flight to Hon Kong adds an extra hour of travel time (as Hong Kong is north of Manila, and will require some back tracking).

And yet, even that would be acceptable - but no - not enough.  I have to travel to Hong Kong via Singapore, which is to the West of both Jakarta AND Hong Kong, so it adds a little more back tracking and another hour layover.

Oh well.  I'm off.