Thursday, August 05, 2004

Changed my mind

So I have changed my mind on the mascot of the month. I say Joc and Les, who were witness for a friends marriage in Canada are my favorites. Here is a note from Joc.

Well, my friends put their wedding announcement in the local Rochester paper and things are happening. One of Christopher's colleagues told him that while he was brushing his teeth this a.m., the local radio station celeb mentioned Christopher's name, obviously talking about the wedding, but none of us heard it so Christopher left a message with the radio station.

But then his mother called him to say a tv station had called her (her name was in the announcement) and the local news station was trying to reach him for an interview. She gave them the info, and they've both been interviewed for the 5:00 news! I'll be taping it since Christopher only has tivo which can't be shared.

My role was to send the photos to be used as backdrop for the tv bit. They told Christopher that they will counterbalance the story with an anti-same-sex-marriage religious fanatic (my words), so it's begun! What I find interesting is that they are not the first gay couple in Rochester to go to Toronto to get married - there was a ferry-load (no pun intended, but pretty funny anyway) of gays the day before Chris and Jim got married, arranged by the local gay chapter. So it must be the newspaper announcement, which seems to be indicating that Christopher is willing to stand up and be noticed and talk about it. I'm very proud of him! Wanted to share. Love to both of you! Joc

Here is the announcement.

The Cute Brazilian is still in the mascot history.