Tuesday, August 10, 2004

John Wayne! John Freaking Wayne?

So I stop at Sav-on to drop off Zela's pictures

...(don't get me started - I got in trouble for forgetting to go to Zela's for dinner last night. I mean, I forgot. That's all. It was a busy day. She calls and says - after I explained I forgot, "Well, that's okay. You can't be expected to remember me all the time." Guilt - table for 1. Then I say I will go this afternoon, "You're sure you won't forget?".)

Where was I? Oh yes, Sav-on. So the girl behind the counter says to me, "You look like John Wayne."

This takes me a minute to decode, because she has a strong accent. And I think, I really do, "Chun Wang... that's a horrible Cowboy name" (SM>> reference: Shanghai - Noon), and perhaps she means Owen Wilson. He's got a bad schnoze, but otherwise fairly cute.




But no, she reiterates. "John Wayne - the cowboy." I look at her with a face of obvious confusion (I didn't punch her). And she added, "You know, a young John Wayne." I don't even want to go back for Zela's pictures this afternoon (but god forbid I "forget" them).

Chun Wang? - Are you kidding me?