Tuesday, November 02, 2004

A Truely Guilty Pleasure

Okay, I admit it. I am a bad person. But I can't stand people on cell phones who drive poorly. I mean bad drivers - okay. Cell phone drivers - okay. Bad and on the cell phone - no.

So remember when you were little and driving and you saw a baby carriage in the crosswalk and you yelled - "2 points!". Well, you never did it. I mean no one really takes out a baby carriage.

But I do honk at cell phone drivers - and if you fluster them it is a point. If you cause them to shake there head and pull it out of their ass - 2 points. If you get them to hang up 5 points.

The other day, I am driving down Olympic and there is construction. At La Brea, the 3 lanes east bound and left turn lane turn into two lanes - no left turn signs. What happens?

An idiot and obviously kept blond in a brand new Range Rover stops in the middle of La Brea, THEN TURNS ON HER LEFT TURN SIGNAL. She is, of course, on the phone. This, ladies and germs is in the middle of rush hour. Olympic and La Brea is a busy busy place.

I honk. Excessively.

She waves me around. I honk again. Others join in. She finally shakes her hands like she touched a hot oven and drives on to the next street.

Where there is still construction and giant NO LEFT TURN SIGNS. Once again, Queen of Mensa stops, puts on her blinker to turn left. Once again we all lean on our horns.

She finally drives one more street, to where there is a left turn lane. We all stop at the light, and she rolls down her window. It turns out it, she is really a he. A long blond haired kept he (like this 23 year old could afford a brand new Range Rover) and he yells at me in a nasty voice, "What do you want me to do?"

I reply, perhaps too loudly with only a touch of spittle flying out of my mouth, "Hang up the ****ing phone and drive!"

He rolled his window up quickly before the crazy queen in the pickup ripped his head off.

I beleive that was 8 pnts in total. *snap*