Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I am exhausted

You know, I find this time of year odd.

First, I love the cards and things, but I get tired. And I don't like the lunches. Lunch with team A, gift wap lunch with team B, 20 year lunch for this person.

What happened to celebrating the birth of our lord with a good old Peanuts cartoon and then eating enough food on one day to throw up. Now we have the Grinch, and I did like the original, but then came Santa Claus' Workshop, Santa vs. the Martians. Now this year, the Polar Express - which is just plain creepy. That will give you nightmares!

As will the Grinch live action film. I tried to watch it on TV, and they had a back story. A BACK STORY for the Grinch. He is mucher tougher to dislike when you know that all the Who's down in Whoville were Who-assholes to him. It's like findingout that Santa isn't a kindly old man that likes giving gifts to good kids, but some pathetic pedophile working off pastlife karma.

Any Who (get it), our tree is sadly bare. We aren't really giving gifts to each other becasue we are going to Australia - but I don't like the nakid tree, so something will have to be done.

And how Christmas-y can you feel when you start your day with a discussion of how to put Arabic on ATMS, and you have to fill in on a conference call tonight at 6PM for an hour or 2 to discuss chip card problems in Chinese!

See.. creepy