Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Scott Overcompensates

Okay, last night, perhaps... maybe... filiesch, I slightly over compensated.

I can't sleep when the heater is on too high. So when I went to bed, I turned off the heater upstairs, and turned the heater downstairs to, like, 57. Apparently our bedroom gets hotter in the warm weather and colder in the cold weather than the room with the thermostat.

So this morning, at about 4:30, I hear both dogs trying desperately tp curl into smaller balls of fur (which I have just had clipped off).

I get up and make Ed take Hastings and I take Ashford. I know Ashford won't sleep with me (he likes to be alone). Well the poor brown puppy snuggled under the covers, crept between my arm and my torso and buried his head into a pillow.

Oh my, I almost killed the poop-ster! I can see the headlines now, "14 Year Old Dog Killed by CheapAss Owner". Okay, tonight I will turn up the heat a little.

FYI - that "Reform Bill" that gives the new Intelligence Director controll over the Budget. A late edition makes that controll over 20% of the Budget. As Zela would say, whoo pee. (FYI - This is not a rant.)