Saturday, January 22, 2005

Just FYI

There are few good things about flying 14 hours for work. Pariticularly when you have an hour layover and then get on a different flight for 6 more hours. But I digress. Or whine. Maybe I am digressing and whineing - you be the judge.

Be that as it may, one of the few good things is catching up with movies you really did want to see in the theater, but you're boyfriend thought they would suck. Usually your boyfriend is incorrect (like tell me something I don't know!), but occasionally he is really really right.

I watched "Sky King and the World of Tomorrow" last night. It was pretty. Pretty and quite nearly un-watchable. Gynwith Paltrow and Jude Law can, on the rare occasion, be quite good actors. Appartently shooting a blue screen with nothing to react to is not one of those occasions. If you can believe it, only Andlea Jolie seemed able to muster up some good scenes. And, since she was essentially playing a one-eyed, boyfriend stealing she bitch, maybe it came naturally.

So then I slept. You know for 8 hours, still have 4 hours left. So I watched I Heart Huckabees. I don't even know where to begin. It was dessperately bad. Mark Wahlberg - clothed. Jason Schwartzmen - unclothed. Start with that. Dustin Hoffman in a grey page-boy cut. And THEN it went downhill. It was a train wreck of a movie. At one point you have to ask yourself, why is Jason Swartzman and the French hottie engaged in sex that involves smaching each other's face into a mud pit. That is not foreplay. Only Lilly Tomlin came out of that okay, and I have to think she was doing it all with a big knowing wink and nod.

Well, I am about to transfer to another flight.
Everyone tell my boyfriend happy birthday. He looks beautiful (Joe Cocker high note) tooo mmmmeeeeee!