Tuesday, January 18, 2005

No one Enjoys Weather Talk

No one reading this enjoys weather talk from LA. The Santa Ana's are kicking up, my alergies are kicking up and it is a gorgeous 80+ degrees, so I will not mention it.

Speaking of no one enjoys... the odious Anne Heche is in the news again. Apparently Anne, the personification of unpleasent, has a new comedy series. Read the notes. Maybe I am missing something, but I fail to see the comedy of this.

HECHE OF A SHOW: Anne Heche signing on to star in True, a comedy pilot for the WB about a young woman whose boyfriend breaks up with her while she's in labor with their baby, forcing her to move back in with her parents, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Ha ha ha, a woman has unprotected sex without marriage. The boyfriend, well not only does he not marry her, he breaks up AS SHE IS IN LABOR! HA HA HA hummmm. This is not something you can really blame on youth. Because while Anne Heche is many things, a spring chicken is not one of them. So let us rephrase...

I am not a prig or anything, but is this really funny? I don't know when they lost me on this. I don't think it was the pregnacy, or the boyfriend that leaves her. Or even that the boyfriend knocks her up, stays with her through the pregnancy (truely not a pleasent time) and then leaves at the worst time. I think maybe they lost me when the idea of forcing an older, obviously brain-dead, woman back into her parents house to raise a kid became funny.

Oh well, apparently I don't find this something that is hilarious so I will stop talking about it and not watch.