Monday, February 07, 2005

Happy Music to Drive to...

Okay, I know that my musical taste tends towards bad disco as a rule (or as John would say... ssssuuuuccks). Be that as it may.

I have found a great album to drive to. And it is so not my style. It's Kenny Chesney's new "Be As You Are.." album.



It is light country and calypso. Really. And it sounds bizar, but it is really cool. And, in case you think I am enamerred with his cute-ness - wrong! He has lost muscle and is bald (not that there is anything wrong with that). No, this is just an easy happy album. About people who have left snow and stress to find a simple life they like. It really calms me down in the car on my drive.

And, even weirder for a country album, he talks about needing to destress with (on one song) a Gitar and Tiki Bar. And (on another song) a cooler and a bong. You don't really hear stuff like that from a country guy.

So there you go. Give it a listen. The first two songs are kind of country to ease his fan base into the album, but it is a cool album.