Thursday, February 03, 2005

I just shouldn't listen

You know I love my Republican friends. I really do. Just as I knew that they love us. Perhaps it would be better in the future if I just didn't listen to their lying leader.

His recommittment to fiscal responsability ("The principle here is clear: a taxpayer dollar must be spent wisely, or not at all.") didn't sound hollow at all. He is like a little baby - who was just born into the world of mean ole deficits. He'll fix 'em!

Well, at least he is protecting American jobs, you know, unless a Mexican will do it cheaper ("It is time for an immigration policy that permits temporary guest workers to fill jobs Americans will not take, .."). I have actually been to parts of the country where Mexican jobs (fast food, bus boys, gardners) were done by regular people. Maybe just Americans in the border states won't take them.

Oh well, why go on? The speech doesn't mean anything. A couple of years ago there was yellow cake and millions of tons of nerve gas in Iraq. We overthrew a tyrant and now there are elections. Guess which part made this year's speech? There is a handy guide to the last 3 state of the union addresses - and the lies therein. I'll update when we have a little time to address this one.