Monday, March 21, 2005

Oh my goodness: a story and two pictures

First let me start with the white death. As we all know I do not like the snow. It scares me a little, but having seen this picture I can see why Sean likes it. Kids love to play in it - and it looks like fun. (But remember, kids like to play with matches too - so that doesn't mean it is safe.)





Second, a story.
So Eddie and fly into LAX yesterday (we were in New York for the week-end - Ed on business so I went out for fun). As we exit, we turn onto to the 105. But we can't. There is a big sign saying "Flooding". Now, Eddie and I both look at a cyrstal blue sky. It doesn't look like flodding, but okay. So then we get to the next on ramp, which goes up in the air. This is also closed with 2 CHP cars making sure you don't go on.
As we proceed to the next on-ramp, we look up, and a truck mounted camara is zooming down the 105. Flooding my ass. They should just say "Filming" on the sign. It would cause less worry.

Third, idiocy of the week. You must see this CNN story, where a store owner funds a image of Satan on the back of the turtle. The only turtle that made it through a store fire. A turtle named, really, Lucky. O...K.....