Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I know it is stupid - but..

I know this is stupid, but everytime I see the Disney 50th celebration it just frosts my nuts. It is NOT Disney's 50th anniversary. It is not DisneyWorld's 50th anything. Disney the company is much older. Mickey is older.

It is the 50th anniversary of Disneyland Park. DisneyLAND. Not Disney-freaking-World. Not Florida anything. Certianly not Euro-Freaking-Disney. DisneyLAND. 50 years after Ronald Regan broadbast a big hello from Anaheim.

And, has a former employee, the lack of acknowledgement in order for Disney to try and wring out a few more bucks from this world wide just pisses me off. Look at the Flordia Internet Banner below.

Big Picture Here: liar.jpg

Hummm.. Does it mention what the worldwide salute is to? I mean, the message "the most amazing and delightful magic has been gathered at Disney World. Join the worldwide salute to 50 years of magic.
Join this Micheal Eisner.
For years, YEARS, "home" to me conjured 3 thoughts, Palm Trees, DisneyLand and smog. Each made me feel comfy and welcome. Like old friends after a long trip.
Not so much now.