Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Bad Wednesdayss

Every second Wednesday the maid comes. Ed picks up up at the bottom of thehill at 8:00AM, and I drive her down after work.

But today Eddie is in New York. So I have both ends of the trip. No big deal. The dogs both wake up and want out at 6:30 - cool. My alarm clock is set for 7:15 - cool.

But my alarm wasn't on - Ed's was. His is set for 8:00. So at 7:50, the maid calls - she is at the bottom of the hill. Damn.

I throw on clothes run down and get her. I let the dogs out, but then they decide not to come in - so I gotta round them up. I run in and the phone has just stopped ringing. I look at the caller ID - My boss.

Suddenly I rememember I was suppose to have a meeting at 8AM with Poland. I leave the house at 8:20 - late late late. I get to work, but it is almost empty at 9:08. Cool - nobody knows what happened.

Then my boss' secretary reminds me that we have our monthly manager status meeting at 9:00 - and everyone is there and a little worried because I am never late. Plus my phone doesn't work (I got a new cell phone and therefore cell phone number - which I had left at Gavin's anyway so that makes no difference).

I walk into the meeting as we are on page 6 - which it turns out is my page -and I gracefully comment.

I mean it would be graceful if I had time to shower, comb my hair or catch my breath. But it could have been worse.