Saturday, May 07, 2005

Words of Wisdom

So I was in Ft. Lauderdale for meetings Wed - Fri. And I was thinking about Carson and Ursula. I love them and hope fo the best, so I wanted to give her a few tips about men. Understand these (and believe them) and you will have a long and happy marriage. Or a short and happy divorce.

1. Men don't change.
If you married him because he was a cute flirt that made everyone in the room feel good - he will do that after you are married. It doesn't mean anything. That is who we are.
Don't feel bad - you guys don't change much either and we aren't bitchin'.

2. Men are not complex.
When you say, "What are you thinking?" The answer in our brain is one of the following:
a. How did I screw up?
a.1 missed an important date?
a.2 what is the answer s/he wants?
b. What gets me back to watching the game quickest.
c. Does this mean I am not going to get laid tonight?
d. Wow the waitress has a great set of knockers - what was the question.

3. Men are insecure. We don't say it, but we know each time our pants size goes up, every grey hair, every time we finish and you say "It's alright - I don't need to tonight" and what the guy down the block makes a year.
HOWEVER, men will not say this. And most partners forget this. Do NOT ignore the obvious(I still think you're trim as the day we met, honey). Do NOT point it out (Yes, it's going grey, but you look good with it). DO pick out what turned you on when you met him and still does (Eddie has the most amazing smile in the entire world - that hasn't changed an ounce).

4. Men don't talk about their feelings, because they usually don't have a lot. We work, we come home, we watch the game (except me and Eddie, we watch Desperate Housewives - but it is the same idea).

5. When men get together - yes they do talk about you.
This is a result of 2 and 4. We aren't complex and we don't talk about feelings. What does that leave. Sports and broads (in my clique Ryan Seacreast and hair product - but it is the same idea).

6. He loves you.
Really.

7. He really - honest to god - does not CARE where we have dinner. Is it hot and deep fried? Aces.

8. When we do work around the house. It is not going to be complete, and the part we have done hasn't been done the way you would do it. Get over it. We are trying to help. Go back into the kitchen while he is watching a Bud Light commercial, pretend to spill a soda; THEN finsih cleaning up what we missed. Yes, I know it is standing water and lettuce leaves - but we don't see them.

9. (Releated to 8) at home - men are not so detail orriented. You didn't marry a homo (and news flash - we aren't all that detail orientated either.

Part of this was brought on by the wedding. I want Ursula and Carson to be as happy as me and Ed.

Part was brought on because, in Florida, I couldn't stop remembering how much I love him. He and I are both crazy - but 10 years in I wouldn't change a thing.
Well, I would be 20 pounds lighter - but that goes back to number 3.

My Eddie.