Sunday, July 17, 2005

To Hot 4 Me!

Well, this Friday night / Saturday day I went (all by my lonsome) to the desert. I had to leave money for the maid and all.

It is hot in LA and I thought, well at least at the desert I have a pool and 2 big air conditioners.

First, when I arrived at 11:25 (I had played cards with Bradly and Lynn), the power was off. As I was driving up, I thought, wow - I guess everyone goes to bed early. It wasn't until I actually pulled into my driveway and went in that I realized the power was out.

Bad. Inside was 96 at 11:25 (outside was only in the 90s). I unloaded the car and prepared to leave. Of course, first I had to pee. All our bathrooms out there are inside rooms - no windows. So I am sitting in the pitch black and I hear the click click of dog feet. I realize, too late, that I have left the front and bad doors open. The breeze was nice (90 feels great after 96). Well, I am sitting and yelling for my dogs. (Sitting because, despite being a sloppy boy - even I realize you can't stand and aim in the pitch black). Ashford wanders down the hall to me, but Hastings - no where.

After frantically searching for a while, I find him the back - digging up cat poop. I throw him inside, finish unloading and think about driving back - when the power comes on. Thank goodness.

So today (Saturday), I sat in the pool, under the umbrella. The pool was 89 without me heating it. It was so hot be 12:30 that I couldn't even enjoy it. The few parts of my body outside the water were frying even in the shade. So I came home.

I leave tomorrow for Hong Kong - so blogging will be sporatic. It is easy to check Ed's time zone then. I will be exactely 12 hours off. Wierd huh?