Thursday, August 18, 2005

I'm an Oscar Winner Damnit


In a case of "career flame out extremious", Kathy Bates stars in the upcoming lifetime mini-series "Ambulance Girl".

Apparently it is about an overwiegh food critic wirter who "saves herself from dying of depression" by becoming an EMT.

Really?

I wouldn't make a comment, except I saw the poster today on my way to work. The picture of a pixie-cut Kathy Bates - staring forelonely out of a billboard picture with yellow police tape spelling out "Ambulance Girl" was ... heartbreaking.

I went to LifeTime network site. They don't even have it listed yet (www.lifetimetv.com) - I think Kathy is embarassed. Think about this. Kathy Bates cavorted through that terrible Jack Nicholson movie naked - but even she doesn't want this bad boy promoted. I'll post the poster when it is out.