Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Affirmative Action for...


Affirmative Action for well connected White Women (a real need in this administration). Julie Myers has been appointed head of the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency. A department with a $4 Billion (with a B) budget.

The pert Julie is not unknown in Washington. She recently married the head of Homeland Secuirty's Chief of Staff, and her Uncle is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Air Force General Myers.

Your tax dollars at work!

She admits that she has no experience managing a large organization, but she shows a willingness to learn. Her exact comments from the Washington Post.

"I realize that I'm not 80 years old," Myers testified. "I have a few gray
hairs, more coming, but I will seek to work with those who are knowledgeable in
this area, who know more than I do."


At least I think that indicated a willingness to learn. It might also indicate an attitude of Screw-You-My-Uncle-Will-Bomb-Your-Ass-to-tomorrow-if-I'm-not-approved. But that might just be me.