Friday, September 09, 2005

Quiet - because ... well just because

So I am surprisingly quiet here. I know that. For me, the frantic political games blame in New Orleans are painful. For me, the fact that our President or anyone in his administration can't say "whoops we screwed up" is so infuriating that end up I can't ge funny about it. I come across looking crazy. (And the Senate and House are no better in my mind).

It was annoying, then madding in Iraq.

It is heart breaking in New Orleans - where blame has been spun by everyone in government. The mantra is "we will find out what happened here, later." I am not saying Clinton's team (or Regan's or Bush1's) would be any better. Just that it is heartbreaking to see homeless, scared broken hearted people in Houston being feed by Meican Army emergency vehicles while our government twidles. It is freaking me out.

I don't understand why we have a teleathone for this. This is what the government should do. Have a teleatheon for Iraq.

And, finally, living in Los Angeles - you have to wonder how screwed we would be in this situation. I mean California has gone through a ton of earthquakes, and our preparedness (at the state level) seems a lot better than Ljouisana's was. But the Northridge quake was handled well and quickly by the state with quick help from FEMA afterwards.

If the government treats state populations that voted for them like they are treating the people of Louisana - then heaven help us all in the bljue states.

Finally, last night on NBC news, a government official (I don't remember who - I want to say Cheney because I hate him, but I think it was someone else) was talking about the good news that at least much of the oil facilities in New Orleans were uneffected. Could he hold off on that good news until after the floating bodies have been picked up.