Monday, October 31, 2005

He won, let him nominate who he wants (Appended)

Scooter: 1 Nov05. Apparently I was not clear from both the comments included here and from the commments the boyfriend direct to me last night.

I did not mean to say that I like Alito or that Bush can nominate anyone. What I meant was, Harriet Meirs was not qualifed. This guy is. He is at least smart.

And, he is going to be confirmed, they have the votes and the backing. This isn't a fight we can win - so we gotta make the best of it. He is going to roll back rights for everyone in this country. The right to be held without trial (or even being charged), the right to legal abortion - lots of things. But don't kill yourself arguing against him. He will be confirmed.

original post

You know, I don't like Bush. I don't admire him. I don't think he good for the country. I think we are poorer as a nation and a community of Americans because of him.

But...

He won. So he is nominating a really right wing guy. Well duh. That's what he said he was going to do during the race. That's what he has done.

When Clinton won we got Ruth Bader Ginsberg.

When Bush won we got the only appleate judge on the 3rd circut that thought Congress could not regulate private ownership of automatic weapons. This is not a surprise. Does no one remember the NRA said if Bush won their guy was in the white house.

So, good luck Judge Alito.
To everyone else, there is usually at least 6 months from hearing a case, until the decision is handed down. I suggest you use that time wisely if the outcome will effect you.