Thursday, October 20, 2005

Light Bulb time for Scooter

Oh my gawd…

So, I get along with the Indians (from India) at work very well. A bunch of them used to report to me in Chennai. I flew back and forth a couple of times – took them out and generally made them feel at home.

So, when I am walking the halls, we joke around and all.

Well, I just joked with one of them and got a gaw-faw completely out of proportion with my comment. And I realized, - they are laughing because I am the boss.

My first inclination was to wonder if they ever thought I was funny? I know, hard to believe. I quickly came to my senses however and realized they only laughed EXTRA cause I am a big cheese. They laughed before.

My second inclination was pure Karl-Rove evil. I kind of wanted to make inane jokes that didn’t connect at all (okay – MORE inane jokes). And watch them try to laugh.

I have decided to ignore the truth here and continue on joking and enjoying myself. So what if they laugh cuz I am a big cheese. There are worse things – like having to laugh at the jokes my big cheese puts out there.