Tuesday, November 15, 2005

So great week-end

Eddie was in CN for training over the week, so on Friday I flew to New York for a week-end with him.

Let me say this, Eddie did a great job. As you might or might not know, Eddie is not the planner. But he had his wits about him this week-end and showed me a GREAT time.

Friday night we went to see Jarhead. Odd movie. It's not a war movie at all (and not pro or con), it is a movie about a few kids in desert storm. Desert storm was 6 months of waiting and 4 days of war. this movie kind of shows it. Half way through the movie, I thought it was long, boring and kind of stunk. But at the end of the movie, I loved it. I don't know when that changed, but maybe it was my settling into it's pace and story. Or not.

Saturday day, we went to see Sweeny Todd with Patti LaPone. Patti LaPone is my fav-or-ite actress on the stage. When I was in High School a bunch of us came up to the Music Center to see Evita before it went to Broadway (and before it was known as EVITA!). She was a revelation to me. She was amazing. I have seen her since then in concert, but only once in a show. I saw her in London in Sunset Blvd (before Idiot Lloyd Weber decided to put Glenn (I-couldn't-carry-a-note-with-a-wheel-barrow-and-super-glue) Close in it.

Sweeny Todd is a dark musical (about a wrongly accused man who comes back from prison to kill his accuser) that was actually done great and was funny! Patti LaPone made it great.

Then, Saturday night, we saw Saturday Night Live. We actually went to the dress rehersal where they do a couple more skits and jokes on the news so they see what does and doesn't work in front of an audience. We had little "neppl" reserved seats so we didn't have to wait in line. It was Gurrrrr-REAT (as Tony the Tiger would say).

It was a really nice week-end.