Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Holidaze

Oh the holidaze. Ho ho ho.

I am actually quite looking forward to Christmas this year. You know, without the ghost of Christmas wrongs done in previous years. My dad and grandma, Lord love them both, had a passion for remembering past wrongs at holiday time. Bringing them up, only to say "Oh, don't worry about that now.". Ah... Christmas traditions. I, of course, have that charming gene myself - and I try mightily to subdue it. Often successfully.

Of course, don't even get me started on the Turkey dinner or I will go off for a few hours on the 2003 dinner in which I spent 4 hours making a dinner that was consumed in less than 15 minutes.

And the Ed recalls (joyfully) the 4 hour drive to the desert dragging Zela and Lynn; when my first comment to him was, "Why didn't you go up the 57 like I told you too." Ah yes, the good times.

So, no funny stories of Christmas' past this year. I will just watch the Christmas movies (War of the Roses and Bad Santa) and celebrate the year in style with the bf, friends, and my pups. I will have a cup of Christmas cheer (on the rocks - hand raised to both my grandfathers who celebrated that way - of course they are both dead, but I sure that had nothing to do with it), gather my dogs and boyfriend in my arms, croak out ½ a stanza of a Christmas song and go to bed with visions of sugar plums nowhere near my head.

Ho ho ho.