Friday, December 02, 2005

Mascot for December - Kenny

It's not because he is cute. There are any number of cuter boys in the adult sizes (I think he might be 5'3" in boots).

No, it's for 2 reasons.

1. When the news on the radio to work gets to be too much for me, I turn on Kenny and I smile. His music brings up great memories, thoughts and feelings.

Not 2. he has a great voice - but that is not why.

2. His Christmas album is funky. I mean Silent Night with a Steel Drum? It sounds stupid, but it works. It tip toes across many genres that should not work together (Hawaiian Traditional Carols, a couple of Hymnal Type Songs and a couple of nearly novelty songs) and yet... and yet he pulls it all together so it is a nice little album.



So that is it. Kenny is the Mascot.

And no, I don't want the 4 day cruise to the Bahamas where he has a private concert on an island. Unless someone wants to split the cost of a room? The Junior Suite has a private Balcony a queen size bed or 2 twins - and a pull out couch?