Sunday, February 26, 2006

Transamerica

Lynnie and I went to see Transamerica today. I don't know what I expected. I mean I expected Felcity to be great. I have loved her since Sports Night. She is an amazing actress.

But I also expected a big boo-de-hoo - I am a woman trapped blah blah blah.

I did not expect funny. Which is was in some places.
I did not expect a story about a real person with flaws and limits. You know. I almost expected the too liberal - isn't s/he brave. It wasn't that at all. It was a movie about a person dealing with a child they didnt' know they had. The trans-sexual thing made it more complicated - but it wasn't really about the fact s/he was trans-sexual. More about him/her coming to terms with his/her whole self.

It was good. Felicity Huffman is one of the most amazing actresses ever. Finally, in this movie, she lives up to her promise in Sports Night (don't get me started on Desperate Housewives - which she could sleep thorugh).