Friday, March 03, 2006

Sweet Dreams

So now we have the pup.

Last night our friends from England came in for a long week-end. They crashed early (7 hours later for them), so Eddie and I tried to go to bed quietly.

Not easy. Hastings (the old white dog) sleeps on the bed for a while - but he is like a rock. So after an hour or so, we put him on the floor in his dog bed. The puppy sleeps in his crate, but I let him on the bed when Eddie was gone and so he whines to get on the bed. Well, there are people upstairs - and we are afraid the whining will wake them... so we let him sleep with us. Down on the floor, Ashford is snoring and wheezing the night away.

We finally all get settled. I drift off. Just then my bf reaches over and touches my hair. I am expecting words of love. I get this.

"Can you please turn over?"

"Huh?" I ask. Obviously not what I expected.

"You are snoring. right. in. my. ear."

I felt bad for him. I snore and don't realize it. Ashford is snoring and wheezing, the puppy is trying to dig a hole in the bed to sleep in, Hastings is making that smack smack sound old people do when they fall asleep. Eddie, who was thrilled to be back from New York yesterday, longs for just a little piece and quiet.