Thursday, May 18, 2006

Siem Reap

Well, I have landed and am in Siem Rap. It is a city in cambodia where Ankor Wat (the big temples) are at. I have always wanted to visit the Ankor Wat temples - so I am excited.

It's jungle hot here. I go to the temples tomorrow. The hotel gives me a driver and a guide. It is very nice. The city itself is a weird cross between India and Puerto Vallarta. Hard to describe.

One funny story. As I am driving to the airport in Kuala Lumpur (Ed and Lynn make fun of me when I call it KL - but everyone does), the driver and I talked about all the Palm Trees. There are tons of Palm Tree farms where they make Palm oil I saw miles and miles of them. The driver said getting the Palm Oil was very dangerous. Indonesians did it, because Malaysians wouldn't.

I assumed they fell, but the trees didn't look that tall. He said no, the cobras kill the people. Apparently the Palm seeds attrack white rats. And the white rats attrack cobras.

Ick.