Thursday, July 27, 2006

So the things about New York

I have noticed some things that either say a lot about New York, or a lot about LA - I'm not sure which. But they are surprising to me.

1) Everyone seems to have dogs. I guess there are probably more dogs in LA (everyone on Quebec had 1 or 2 dogs) - but here you have to walk them so they are all outside.

2) I was ready for the walking and the subway and everything. But I was really surprised no restaurants have valets. In LA everyone has a valet (Bristols Farms markets for goodness sakes) - here no one does. Odd.

3) The nannys are black not Mexican. And not African American - most are Jamican or Trinidadian. No hispanic maids.

4) At the market today, I asked for Salsa. The stocker says to me "Salsa for Chips?" I answered without thinking - "No, Salsa for cooking." He was like, "We only have Salsa for Chips." So I asked again, where was that Salsa, because there was no Mexican Food aisle and it wasn't next to the ketchup. He says, like dripping with sarcasim, "Next to the chips." I shrugged my shoulders and was like, Ooo-kay. (And I thought all the commericals said that most Salsa was made in New York City ("NEW YURK CIT-Y?")).

5) It is a great city for the bumble. There are little shops and restaurants everywhere. It's fun.

That's all for now.