Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Mel Mel Mel - (Updated)

One hesitates to comment on the Mel Gibson debacle - having said stupid things after a cocktail or two myself. But I recently found out I was mistaken with one comment I heard. I thought I should clear it up for us all in case you missed it.

When the mean drunk was taken into the Malibu Police Station, apparently a female sargent was watching the proceedings as he was booked. He turned and commented to her - and see here is where I made the mistake. I thought he liked her hair coloring and said, "What are you looking at, Sugar Tips?"

Apparently his comment was not "tips" but a slightly more southern and silcone enhanced region.

FYI - everyone might not understand the comment about him owning the police. Actually the stars in Malibu all got together about 10 years ago or so and incorporated. Previously Malibu was unincorporated county land, patroled by a much less celebrity friendly LA Sheriff department.

Update: Apparently (Ah... the Internet) you can buy the T-shirt now with the mug shot and the famous line...