Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Can't we just cut off his nuts?

You know, Mark Foley, can't we just cut off his nuts and drop it? Everytime there is more I just get more and more angry. I have a thing where I don't think you screw with kids. Now I know that 16 is not actually a kid. But when the flirter is a 52 year old congressman and you are a page - well you aren't in the position of power are you?

When I first heard this, I was annoyed.
Then Iheard more, and was more annoyed.

Then I read some IM messages on ABC News (I know, I won't do that anymore). But I did and I had an odd reaction. If they were two friends flirting - it wouldn't be horrible. It would be kind of cute maybe. But it is a 52 year old perv and a 16 year old page - and it is kind of horrible, disgusting and crude.

And the fact that the House of Representatives leadership ignored it to save the seat is disgusting. And it probably is no different if it was democrats - I am not blaming republicans here. I am blaming a system where power is so important that sacrificing a few kids is not a big deal.

I could never do that. And I know most of you who read this (the lucky thing about a private-ish blog) and I know you wouldn't do it either. Not just that we would take advanatage of a position like this, but if we knew someone who was doing it - we would try to fix it.

Argghhhhh!!!