Friday, November 03, 2006

Hypocrisy Hoedown

It is the Semi-finals of the “Hypocrisy Hoedown”.

In this corner, the Prezdent of the National Association of Evangelicals. Quoted as saying there is a special place in hell for homosexuals, he has been accused of paying a male prostitute for sex and crystal meth. )



His comments:

‘I’m faithful to my wife’Haggard told Denver's KUSA-TV late Wednesday that “I've never had a gay relationship with anybody, and I’m steady with my wife, I’m faithful to my wife. So I don't know if this is election year politics ... or what it is.”


The acting senior pastor at New Life, Ross Parsley, told KKTV-TV of Colorado Springs that Haggard admitted that some of the accusations were true.



Parsing the words, let’s find the meaning. He hasn’t had a “gay relationship”, which doesn’t mean he hasn’t had sex with a man. He just hasn’t had a “relationship” with him. And “some” of the accusations are true. So, if you just do a little Crystal and pay a guy to have sex, apparently that means you are faithful to your wife.

No wonder Ed and I can’t be married. I have a completely different definition of “faithful”.



In this corner, the Blonde Bombshell. The Purveyor of Doom (wearing the traditional red and black). The woman who said "I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths" as much as the widows of victims of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. And in her book Godless:The Church of Liberalism, writes (among many other things):

"Environmentalists' energy plan is the repudiation of America and Christian destiny, which is Jet Skis, steak on the electric grill, hot showers, and night skiing." [p.7]

She is accused of She is accused of voting illegally. Now let’s be honest, this isn’t a big deal. But she won’t cooperate with the DA. And, well, she’s a bitch so it’s fun to watch her go down.