Thursday, January 18, 2007

Crash on the 405

There are 4 good excuses for being late to a meeting in LA.

1. There was a fire in Malibu.
2. The was a crash on the 405
3. It’s raining! (actually used every time it rains, by everyone)
4. My pharmacy was running late filling my Xanex.

Number 4 used to be “late filling my Valium”, but everyone wanted a Valium if you said that and then the meetings seem to drag on after you doled out your Valium. Which is why some people went to 2 milligram Valiums – which in my book is just a waste of time. By the time it kicks in – your done.

Meetings on Xanex are mellow, but they finish.

But I digress.

Anywho… having been in New York for a while, there doesn’t seem to be an equivilant blanket excuse. Well, until today.

I was waiting for the E Train with about a million of my closest friends and neighbors when the almost unintelligible garbled voice creaked on. After 3 or 4 repeats, we got the message. The A, C and E had all been accidentally switched to the wrong track at Canal Street (whoops!). And apparently the tracks we were standing at were going to be this lovely shade of empty for hours.

Lemming like, we head up to the world of color on the second coldest day it has been since I have been here. Clearly not dressed for it, I trudged on towards work. Actually secure in the knowledge I would run into my honey who always walks to work. And, I found him – trailing down 46th hot on the heels of some hunk, but I found him none the less.

We had a great, un-lemming like, walk to work together.