Friday, January 19, 2007

Yea, I hit the wall

So everyone expects that I will be bad in the snow. No, I am okay.

See what I don’t like is the White Death. You know when you fly over the middle of the country and the entire ground is covered in this freezing white blanket. Really, I know the minute that plane goes down, everyone buddies-up for Cannibal partners. And I have gained weight. I could provide for a family of 4 for a week.

Well, in New York the snow doesn’t stick – so there is no white death blanket. It’s kinda pretty. Cold, but that isn’t horrible. I am doing okay.

So last night I am walking home, and I was oh so close to the condo. And it started to snow lightly. Have you ever walked in a light snow. It was magical.

Then it snowed a little harder, magic factor going down, hurring factor going up.

Then I realized it was snowing hard. Not just that, but the snow was landing on my jacket and not melting. I am sure this is normal. I am positive it is normal.

However I seemed to over react a little. All I could think of was, “White Death! White Death! It burns!!!” I didn’t actually run home, but I started to walk more quickly.

The snow stuck to me. Me! The White Death was attacking me personally. I was going to become like a walking snow drift. It would just be me, unable to get away. I didn’t even have a cannibal to buddy up with.

I got home and my boyfriend. That wonderful wonderful hunk of burning love, walked the dog again at night. Because I know it was waiting for me.