Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Well, that was depressing


So, here is the poop-ski. Since about August I have been working at an office on Park for a guy on a Strategy team. I have been doing my normal job, plus helping him out.

Yesterday he was in the office (after my vacation) and told me he was transferred to London. It turns out he is in charge of integration with Egg (we bought Egg Bank in London). That sucks. I may have to wear a tie everyday, but it has been nice to have a friend.
He is from LA (even though an SC fan) and it has been nice to have someone to talk to. In fact, since I don't work for him directly - he has been a really nice sounding board and someone to talk to without worrying about office politics. He is really high in the company, but we have become kind of friends.
So, now he is gone. I went and closed out the few things I have in my office. A phone charger, the PC power cord, a picture of Ed and Hastings. It is a bit of a sad day.