Saturday, March 17, 2007

Scott Barely Avoids Death at the hands of Winter!

Ser-i-ous-ly.

Eddie and I were walking down 43rd street, la la la, happy go lucky. When suddenly people behind us start screaming, "WATCH OUT! WATCH OUT!"

Well, you never know where to watch out from. I assumed something was falling off the new building across the road (the new New York Times 80 story building). So I am freaking out, looking the wrong way. Eddie presses against the building we are at (and doesn't even try to pull me to safety!). And this woman, just steps ahead of us, stops, looks and doesn't know what to do.

Luckily, she had turned under a McDonald's aluminum canopy about 10 steps ahead of me, when a MASSIVE HUGE CRASH echoed in the road. A big chuck of ice fell about 14 stories and crashed on the aluminum canopy. After we were all done pooping in our pants, we walked down the middle of the road where the ice couldn't get to us. We all hurried home toot suite! We talked to the young lady at the end of the road at the red light and she was still a little shaky.

It was freaky! I actually was almost killed by the White Death!

And remember, my headstone should read "I Blame You!" - which of course would have been my last words to Ed.