Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hence "Postal"

So I go to mail something at the Post Office. Now our post office is next door and very good. Good because they have a self-service kiosk where you weigh and mail your packages. You can also buy stamps. You can also request information on different mail schemes.

You can do almost anything.

almost

You know what you can't do? You cannot enter the tracking number from a delivery slip and have that item automatically delivered to you - as if by magic. You see, you dunderhead, this box magical makes packages disappear, not reappear. And, no matter how many times you enter the numbers (twice before I said something and twice more after I said something) the package can't pop up out of the kiosk. It was clever of you too look in that tiny 2 inch wide area behind the kiosk where the plug goes, but it wasn't there either was it?

I shall return later today and hope his package has appeared - I left because I think my brain was about to explode.