Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Science... Schmience

CBS and Fox refuse to show condom ads. Okay. I fully think that is their right.

I even understand the CBS reasoning ("inappropriate"), although I disagree (given that last night I watched premarital sex on 8:00 PM "When I Meet you Mother", 8:30 "New Adventures of Old Christine" and 9:00 "Two and a Half Men" (with 3 of the major characters discussing hook-ups).

But Fox is my favorite. You know why they won't show them. "Fox said it objected to the message that condoms can prevent pregnancy, while CBS said it was not “appropriate,” drawing a firestorm of criticism from public health advocates and bloggers."

Whaaa...? Fox objects to the message the condoms can prevent pregnancy? So they must believe that condoms only help prevent disease? Then why not show them?

Objects to the message that condoms can prevent pregnancy?

I object to the message that the earth revolves around the sun. I object to the message that squares have 4 sides. How does one "object" to proven items? You will notice them did not say they object because condoms aren't 100% effective. They object to the message that condoms can prevent pregnancy.

I am stupefied.