Monday, October 29, 2007

Whoops!

Once again I must apologize to my mother. Not for anything I did, but for what I thought when I was younger.

When my mom first moved away from Los Angeles, she once was freezing for days on end. One day she saw the winds kick up from a different direction and was excited. In LA that means warm Santa Ana’s. In East No Where Utah (where we were at the time) this is so NOT the case. And I remember thinking Mom was a little off her rocker about the weather.

Well, last Saturday it was rainy and blah and really humid. We went to a show and at 9:00 PM it was kind of hot and sticky. I walked the dog in shorts and a sleeveless shirt. Sunday morning I got up to walk the dog, and it was bright and beautiful. Which, in LA, means warm!! So I threw on shorts and a t-shirt and took Trevor out for his morning “business”. Bright and sunny and clear does not mean warm in New York. It was 45 degrees! I dun froze myself and I couldn’t go in as the little dog had still had to make a number 2.

As I walked, goose pimple-y, freezing and looking extremely stupid as the people in long pants and coats walked by I thought of the long ago time with my mother. And I silently apologized. It did not help that when Ed finally roused himself from slumber he said, “Wow! It is so clear. It must be freezing outside.”