Thursday, November 01, 2007

Mascots of the Month: Big Bang Boys (Updated)

The Big Bang? Actually the name of the show is The Big Bang Theory, and you haven't seen it you are missing something funny. Of course, I know that saying that is the kiss of death, but I like the show. The two leads, show below in their Halloween costumes as Frodo and The Doppler Effect, are hee-lair-i-ass.


They are played by Johnny Galecki (from Rosanna) and Jim Parsons (from I don't know what). They play hyper-intelligent guys, who cannot function in society. Super nerds, if you will. But they don't just fall into the sterotypes - they relish in them.


As you would expect, trouble comes in the form of a pretty young lady. In this case who moves in next door. They also have 2 other nerds "drop by friends", again brilliant minds. In this case a little more sterotypical. In the costumes below, Robin Hood / Peter Pan thinks he is a lathario (typical line yesterday: "I think I have some pixie dust with your name on it.") - and an Indian dressed as Thor who cannot utter a sound in front of women.


Anyway, it is really funny and I like it.


Update: FYI I was asked who the young ladywas. She is Kaley Cuoco (what kind of weird ass name is that anyway?) She has been in a lot of US television.