Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Fame for Fame's Sake



It doesn't surprise me that Britney Spear's mother has a book just waiting to come out, although I was surprised it was going to be a how-to book on being a good mother. Nor does it particular surprise me that Britney's 16 year old sister is pregnant by her boyfriend (not husband). I mean this family is just one lucky / skanky video away being life time waitresses at a downmarket "Hooters" knock off.

What did surprise me is that the book is being published by a Christian book publisher, Thomas Nelson. Self proclaimed Christian and Inspirational Publisher (really).

So all of you who were waiting for "Pop Culture Mom: A Real Story of Fame and Family in a Tabloid World" to come out so you could learn how to raise nice level headed daughters like Britney and the expanding Jamie Lynne, will have to wait.

You see, saying that you a a Christian Values publisher means that people will judge you on that basis. I know it's not fair, but it is the same thing as having a gay flag on your car or wearing a yamika. If you advertise it, then you actions are held up as an example of the group behavior. Fairly or unfairly. I myself have cursed bad gay drivers with those horrible little flags as letting whole world know that you are a gay idiot that cuts people off!! Like I said, it's not fair, but we all do it.

Still, I think Thomas Nelson Publishing should have seen this one coming a mile away. Come on! Britney Spears' mother as a child rearing expert? This Britney Spears?