Monday, January 14, 2008

Ear Wax ...

So, Saturday we went to “Face to Face” spa in New York for facials.

Yes, I know how that sounds, but come on. As one ages, one should take care of their face. It isn’t vanity, it is a basic step so that children don’t run away from you crying and screaming about seeing the boogie man.

Anywho… As my guy is doing the facial (including the sandblasting (“microderm-abrasion”) with the little vacuum cleaner) he says very casually he is going to clean up stray hairs. So he plucks a few stray eyebrow hairs (I do not scream – how butch… although, I suppose that not screaming at eyebrow tweezing is not “exactly” butch – but you know what I mean). Then he says something muffled about ear wax. Maybe I had ear wax building up. Muffled, because I have been lulled into a zen like state with the face cleaning, warm wash cloth, face scrubbing, warm wash cloth. Warm goo on my ears, RIP RIP RIP!!

Oh… ear WAXING. Oh, that’s very different. But you know, it really helped. I look a lot less like Albert Einstien.