Thursday, January 03, 2008

Not Political: Just a little weird


Mitt Romney is a little weird. And I don't mean that in a political or Mormon way (I like politics and I like quite a few Mormons ("some of my best friends are..."). I think he is just a little creepy.

I remember when he was the saviour of the Salt Lake Olympics - and we all know I love someone who fixes the Olympics (Peter Uberoth is still my main man - Republican or not!).

I did think it was odd that he moved to Massachusetts and ran for Governor as a Republican. He was a pretty good Governor too (as liberal Republicans often are in Democratic states) until he wanted to run for President and then tacked wildly to the right.

But seeing him now. Watching him talk and campaign... He doesn't look real. Watching him is a lot like watching "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" at Disneyland. You watch not because you wonder what he will say, but you wonder if the Automatronic Man will actually fall down in a blaze of sparks.