Friday, February 22, 2008

In Working Order Again

I made it back here just in time for the snow.

“Back?” I hear you ask. Yes, I was in LA yesterday to see my doctor. I had my normal, “good-god your old” check up; complete with testicle grab-turn-and-cough routine (I’ll tell you if I have a hernia), the horrible snap of the rubber glove as you face the wall (perfect prostrate health, thank youfor asking) and an EKG (my heart is fine).

So... except for this hideous rash and wonton attack on my liver, I am doing good. Yes, you heard me. I have a most of body rash and the dermatologist blood report shows my liver is under attack (and not from drinking!).

Turns out the rash and the liver damage is due to a delayed hyper sensitivity to the one blood pressure medicine that has been working. Oh well.

So I am back now testing different blood pressure medicines, looking for one that doesn’t kill me as it saves me. Actually we are now trying an entirely different strand of non-statines. Which many of you probably don’t care about so much, but I just wanted to clear that up for my mom who stills loves me.

But I knew it was a serious examine when Dr. Gary didn’t joke during the prostrate part. You know, I usually get the old, “Look, Amelia Earhart!” When your gay doctor doesn’t make butt jokes during the examine, you know he is worried about something!

PS; LA, even overcast, is still LA. They were having "horrible" weather with lows in the 50's! I wanted to smack 'em.