Monday, April 07, 2008

Fun Facts and a Fun Movie

So, I threw my back out again (probably in fit of anger at the UCLA loss) and I have been walking around like the 200 year old man for the past few days. Fun.

Yesterday, to take my mind off my pain (and probably to shut me up), Eddie took me to see Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day at the Theater.

The movie benefitted from lousy reveiws and low expectations, but it was really cute. Frances McDormand plays a out of work nanny, who pretends the employment agency sent her as a Social Secretary. Amy Adams plays a singer /hopefully London Actress juggling 3 men. It is a 1930's farce, done very 1930s.

She is persued, and must choose, between Lee Pace, Tom Panye (a cute Brit who is all of 19ish) and Mark Strong (who is a not so cute Brit who is not so 19ish).