Friday, April 18, 2008

It's not pretty out there

Citigroup is laying off another 9,000 people. So far I have been safe (no one knows why).
.
Today the Mayor of MunchkinLand (Robert Reich), the "brains" behind Citi for the last three years endorsed Barak.
.
In my book, this endorsement should be denounced by the candidate swiftly and forcefully.
.
A racist, American hating Minister I can deal with, Architect of the Citi Miracle, not so much.
.
Speaking of things that are unconnected, except in my brain, our city is atwitter over the visit of the Pope. And I like the Pope, as an idea. I mean really, I don't love this Pope, but I do like the idea of the Pope.
.
He is a canvas on which people can project hopes and desires. In the big scheme of things, the church stands for love and acceptance. Sure, this guy is a stern, annoying out of it old man - but the idea that humanity is based on love and acceptance in the form of religion is comforting.