Monday, April 28, 2008

Pee Wee Pooper

So at the new office, I don’t wear my glasses much. I am working on the computer where they are less than helpful (in fact un-helpful), so I don’t wear them around the office. Which I means I move in a sort of fog. Which is fine. I don’t know anyone on the floor. No one works in my group. Everyone who can’t sue has been laid off or outsourced, so why get close to them.
Well, this has been fine. I nod to people as I go to the coffee pot or the water cooler. But I did have an odd encounter in the restroom.
.
I went to a sit down (as opposed to the urinal) – the product of strong coffee in the AM – and I sat down. And DOWN DOWN! It was my first encounter with a pee wee potty.
.
I don’t know what we call them anymore, dwarves, midgets, little people, apparently though if they need a BM, they go to the 6th floor stall one. I had no idea. My knees hit me in the chin. I felt like I was stuck in some weird-ass Willy Wonka universe.
.
It is quite disconcerting to drop an extra 8 inches past where you should (although luckily I didn’t end up with the wet ass which seemed to happen the first time you had new room-mates in the middle of the night). Well, you can’t change stalls (that is a sign of creepiness if you ask me) so I finished up and then got up. I immediately thought it was eerily similar to very deep knee bends, and made my way out of the bathroom.
.
Next time I will either just hold it or go to the handicap stall (where you know the height).